Bidding Rules - 2020 Duval County Tax Lien Auction
If you are new to Realauction tax lien auction websites, we recommend you proceed in the following fashion:
- Familiarize yourself with the laws that regulate tax sales in this state. If you are unfamiliar with the statutes governing tax liens in the state of Florida, read the “Tax Certificate Process” document located at the left of the home page. It is a plain English summary of the law which will take only minutes to read.
- Review this County's auction settings. See the Summary of Important Dates and Information below.
- Register. You will be prompted to create your own Username and Password as part of the process.
Place a qualifying Deposit. This is one of the most important steps in participating in a sale so be sure you understand the process completely.
- Decide how much money you want to invest in tax liens for this auction. Pick a dollar amount. ($10,000 for example)
- Make a deposit of exactly 10% of that amount using one of the "approved" deposit/payment methods below. The deposit is required and must be submitted before the posted due date in order for your bids to be valid.
- Your deposit will limit how much you can win no matter how many bids you place, so bid on as many quality items as like. There is no penalty for running out of money. If you are fortunate enough to win all the liens you want, your remaining bids are simply ignored.
- Certificates won by sub-accounts in Duval County are assigned to the primary account at the end of the auction. (For an explanation of sub-accounts, please refer to the FAQ document on the home page).
Place your bids. Your budget or deposit will determine how much you can win. Once the participation requirements are met, you may place as many quality bids as you like (See Summary of Important Dates and Information below).
As each batch closes, you can view the results for that batch by clicking “Results” on the left side menu inside the auction website. Clicking the “Sold To” link on the auction results page will display all the bids on that item along with other useful information. After viewing the results, you have the option to change your bids in any batches that have not yet closed.
Pay for your winnings. The Tax Collector shall provide written or electronic notice when certificates are ready for issuance. Payment must be made within 48 hours after the transmission of the electronic notice or, at the Tax Collector’s discretion, all or a portion of the deposit placed by the bidder may be forfeited.
A person who fails or refuses to pay any bid made by, or on behalf of, such person is not entitled to bid or have any other bid accepted except as authorized by the Tax Collector.
Summary of Important Dates
|Allow foreign bidder registrations||No|
|Single simultaneous bidder rule||No|
|Bidding style||Direct Bid Auction|
|0 value bids use proxy system||No|
|Automatic certificate rollup / rollup fee||No||$0.00|
|Auction Dates and Times|
|Registration begins (site opens)**||Open All Year|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets begin||05/08/2020 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Bidding begins||05/08/2020 at 10:00 AM ET|
|Deposits, Registration fees and Budgets end**||
05/26/2020 at 5:00 PM ET
Enter ACH Redemption Information
|Participation Requirements Due Date||05/27/2020 at 5:00 PM ET|
|Registrations end||04/10/2021 at 4:00 PM ET|
|First batch closes||05/27/2020 at 9:00 AM ET|
|Batch closing interval||60 Minutes|
|Last batch closes||05/27/2020 at 5:00 PM ET|
|Auxiliary batch opens (If applicable)||N/A|
|Auxiliary batch closes (If applicable)||N/A|
|Payment due date||06/01/2020 at 4:00 PM ET|
|Budget, Deposit and Payment Information|
|Deposit or Budget required (% of estimated winnings)||10%|
|Minimum deposit amount||$100.00|
|Registration Fee Refundable||No|
|Registration Fee Applied to Winnings||No|
|Deposit / Payment types acceptable:||Deposits||Payments|
|ACH auto-debit final payment||---||No|
|Redemptions available via ACH?||Yes|
|Public computers available||Duval County Public Library|
|** Subject to change. The site will open when approved by the County.|
For an explanation of any of the terms above, please visit the FAQs.
Tooltip Help Management
Disable tooltips just for this page.
Disable tooltips site-wide.